The Jan Anderson Carers Award of the Australian Society for Biophysics
About the award
To provide financial support to ASB members with primary caring responsibilities whilst they are attending scientific conferences.
ConditionsThe conditions of this annual award are as follows:
- The selection committee will be comprised of ASB executive
- Funding is available for 1 international travel award (up to $2,000) and 1 national travel awards (up to $1,000) per year
- Funding is to cover:
- Additional childcare costs at home or at the conference site,
- Travel costs for additional carer to be at your home during your absence,
- Travel cost for child/ren and additional carer to accompany you etc
- Nominees should have been members of the Society for at least two years immediately preceding their nomination.
- Both men and women with primary caring responsibilities are eligible. Caring responsibilities can be children, elderly parents or other family members with caring needs.
- Applications are rolling and can be submitted at any time
- To apply, please send an email to the secretary (email@example.com) with the following information:
- Name, dates and location of the conference and a link to the conference website.
- An abstract of the talk that will be presented
- A confirmation of the accepted abstract or invitation to speak
- A short description of your caring responsibilities and how the money would be used